MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

no audio digitizing dv

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Short
no audio digitizing dv
on Jun 22, 2005 at 4:27:43 pm

I just added the DV option to my M100ixs v8. I set everything to DV in the hardware preferences panel but when digitizing I get no audio. What am I missing?

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: no audio digitizing dv
by
on Jun 22, 2005 at 8:07:09 pm

Do you have audio on the tape (maybe a stupid question, but who knows)? And is your audio in also set to FireWire? Do you see audio levels in the audio mixer? Or do you get the "yellow" boxes for the audio channels in the edit suite while digitizing? Have you set the correct audio sample frequency (matching your tapes frequency; although this should switch automatically when a different sample rate is detected)...

Return to posts index

Matt Short
on Jun 23, 2005 at 3:17:05 pm

Everything is set up properly. I tried even switching the frequency and it corrected itself. No yellow boxes. I've got the audio connected via analog now and its working fine. By the way Floh, you were right (no big surprise) about my Sonnet CPU upgrade being my problem for not being able to launch M100. I put in the old CPU and everything works great.

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Jun 23, 2005 at 4:04:55 pm

Hmmm, you said that it is a "used" dv daughtercard? Are you sure that it works correctly? Maybe you should try to reseat it on the P6000 board, it could be a bent or not properly connected pin, although I don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]