MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 freezing

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PlausibleEnigmaMedia 100 freezing
by on Jun 20, 2005 at 5:14:49 pm

Hey all,

Lately when I've been trying to drag a clip, be it audio or video, the program freezes up and I have to apple+Q to unfreeze it (it doesn't quit the application, only unfreezes the problem.) Its been doing this for a while now and while it used to work after a few times, now it seems to be freezing all the time and it makes editing close to impossible. Does anyone know a reason for this? Its Media 100 i v. 10.2.4 running on OSX.

Thanks for any information!

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Media 100 freezing
by on Jun 20, 2005 at 5:20:51 pm

[PlausibleEnigma] "Its Media 100 i v. 10.2.4 running on OSX."

Um, I doubt it is Media 100 v 10.2.4. Which version of Media 100 i, OSX and which CPU do you use? Did you install anything new lately? Have you checked your media drives with something like DiskWarrior?

Return to posts index

PlausibleEnigmaRe: Media 100 freezing
by on Jun 21, 2005 at 2:30:04 pm

Hey, sorry for the delay.

It's Media 100 i v. 8.2
Mac OSX 10.2.8
G4 dual 1.25 ghz processors

No, I have not run disk warrior, the computer is not connected to the internet and I do not have the software handy. Also, there have not been any new programs installed in a while, the only things I can think of is a wireless mouse and a MacAlly imediakey Keyboard (with minimal software I believe.) Theres also programs such as photoshop and illustrator on the computer, but those have been installed for a while.

Thank you for your time!

Return to posts index

PlausibleEnigmaRe: Media 100 freezing
by on Jun 21, 2005 at 2:54:44 pm

heh, also.

We tried opening a previous project and editing with that went flawlessly, and then went back to our current project and it started working as well. But the program has been acting inconsistent like this for a few months now. Randomly freezing without a visible cause. Just thought I'd add that, didn't know if it would help or not.

Return to posts index

Todd LarterRe: Media 100 freezing
by on May 17, 2007 at 4:06:45 pm

Hey, just wondering if you had found a permanent fix for this problem? I currently am having this problem (and have been having this annoying little problem for a while) and was hoping for a fix.

Let me know,

Thanks,

Todd

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]