MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 i XR price?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
seanMedia 100 i XR price?
by on Jun 16, 2005 at 8:43:58 pm

I was using a Media 100 i xr for the last 2 years and now have made the switch to FCP :(. I had to cuz I was hired as a post super in a FCP only house. Anyway how much is my XR worth. It has the real time SDI board and breakout box, version 8.2.2 and most recent manual.

Return to posts index

Matthew BrunnSame problem!
by on Jun 18, 2005 at 8:17:20 pm

I'm trying to sell our Media100i XS 7.0.1 (P6000DV) and I have the same problem. For the person that wants to upgrade, buying an older system on the cheap and updating it seems to be a great way to get the latest hardware at less cost. The only problem is no one seem to want to do that. I've been trying for a year and no one has even said they were interested. I'm about ready to toss it in the dumpster.

Hope this helps-
Dual 500 G4
OSX 10.3.5
Ram 1.38
FCP 4.5/AE 6.5/DVDSP3

Return to posts index

Dean SensuiRe: Same problem!
by on Jun 19, 2005 at 8:34:46 am

I think there are a lot of us in this particular boat.

With FCP Studio going for less than an XR system it's little wonder the used M100 market has dried up.

While I hate the idea that all this nice hardware is gathering dust, I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that it's probably a market limited to those who already have existing M100 systems and are looking for replacement or backup gear.

Dean Sensui

Return to posts index

SeanRe: Same problem!
by on Jun 20, 2005 at 4:46:25 am

Thanks for the response. I think I'll just upgrade it and stick it in a g4 dual and then see if I actually use it. At one point on the BH website it was worth almost 17gs. This of course was years ago. I still think that the picture quality is better than a Kona card and has cleaner dissolves.

Return to posts index

CJRe: Same problem!
by on Jun 20, 2005 at 2:22:12 pm

"I still think that the picture quality is better than a Kona card and has cleaner dissolves."

Completely agree! (Are you seeing this Steve Bayes?) As much as I want to upgrade to the HD system (just too much money and no firewire input), I'm waiting to see what they are going to do with the software version supposedly being released later this year (I believe).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved