MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

cropping wile digitizing component in media 100 HD

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felix Halter
cropping wile digitizing component in media 100 HD
on Jun 9, 2005 at 5:29:25 pm

Hi all

I am still getting those black bars of cropping on the side of the picture when digitizing from a DVCPRO deck component in to media 100 HD.

They can be seen at http://www.baldwyn.ch/pages/crop.html

The bars are not even the same size! There is also a reddish color shift compared to the original.
If I master to tape and redigitize a second time the right bar gets slightly bigger again and naturally the color shift gets worse.

Is there any cropping on the SDI input? This would actually mean to buy a new deck with SDI (they are not producing the SDI board anymore for the Panasonic A-D650).
Anybody has such a board not using this machine anymore?

This cropping is very annoying. I was looking forward to the media 100 HD but now I'm not so shure if I did the right thing to upgrade.

Please somebody help.

Thanks

Felix
G5 Dual 2.7 Media 100 HD 10.1.2

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: cropping wile digitizing component in media 100 HD
by
on Jun 9, 2005 at 6:02:36 pm

I don

Return to posts index

Felix Halter
Re: cropping while digitizing component in media 100 HD
on Jun 9, 2005 at 8:24:31 pm

Thanks Floh

Yes, the bars are there tn the same size too when digitizing in media 100i 601 mode. And they are not the same width left and right too. So there is some degradation done to the picture in doing this, going from 768 to 720. And the next degradation happens when you crop the picture again in compressor or alike to get rid of the bars. So I guess the best bet would be SDI, but aren't the bars there too, because all the SDI board is doing is converting the analog signal to digital? Do you have these bars digitizing SDI?

thanks again

Felix

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Jun 9, 2005 at 9:16:56 pm

[Felix Halter] "So I guess the best bet would be SDI, but aren't the bars there too, because all the SDI board is doing is converting the analog signal to digital? Do you have these bars digitizing SDI"

No, the data on tape (on digital decks like DigiBeta; DV,...) are stored digitally in the 720 resolution; they don

Return to posts index

Felix Halter
on Jun 10, 2005 at 4:38:25 am

So I hope this is the same for DVCPRO-decks too.

Thanks Floh for taking your time.

Felix

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]