MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Sync between Media 100 and Protools

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JoseSync between Media 100 and Protools
by on Jun 9, 2005 at 1:54:52 pm

Well, sorry if this post is not on the correct place, as I'm completely a nerd about video. I work with Protools LE (6.0.2)on a G4 with a 002R and I've done a couple of audio for TV spots for a friend importing a Sorenson on Protools. Obviously this are small clips, and probably if I wanted to import a big clip problems would appear. This friend of mine, has an old Media 100 somewhere in his garage as it has come become obsolete along the years and has improved his equipment, and he would give it to me if work becomes easier. Well, the fact is that he is going to do a couple of 30' documentals and wants me to edit the audio etc... As I've never really work with video (apart from those two spots), and just recording bands, I'm not on syncing, SMPTE, LTC and this stuff that at first is quite strange to me (well, not extrange... just new, things are to be learned ;).

How would it be the best (if its possible) to join that media 100 and protools to go sync? as it's quite old I'll give you a link I've found on ebay to see the model.

Thanks for any answer or comments :D.

PD:Sorry for my ignorance, hope my information is a bit dizzying and my English not quite good (I'm Spanish), if I'm on the wrong forum or someone could tell me of any tutorial to read along... would be really thanked.

Return to posts index

boukeRe: Sync between Media 100 and Protools
by on Jun 9, 2005 at 2:12:17 pm

If your PT set accepts qt, perhaps you could just install the board and software and have the video out locked to your PT session.

But i suspect there will be some conflicts...

If you have the space, just use the M100 as a player and lock the PT onto that.
If you record LTC (it's just an a audio signal) with the video and input that in your PT set it'll lock onto the image, or have a prefab LTC file ready to put under the video...

Dunno if it's practical. Most people use DV streams on the same machines with PT...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved