MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

black vertical bars upon digitizing

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felix Halterblack vertical bars upon digitizing
by on Jun 5, 2005 at 2:34:36 pm

Installed my new Media 100 HD yesterday.

How can I get rid of the two black vertical bars when digitizing? The one on the left is about 4 pixels, the one on the right about 10 pixels wide (if I use a mask in Boris to cover them up)
Digitizing from DVCPRO AJ-D650 component to m100 HD. This also happens if I use Convergent Designs SD-Connect in several configurations to the SDI input of the m100 HD. Do not have these bars when digitizing in 8.2.2 on the G4.

I also get these real time errors all the time even with just one video track in SD! Should I go back to an earlier version of HD or install OS 10.3.9 again? And where would I get the earlier Version of Media 100 HD if necessary?

Btw they have removed the composite video out on the M100 HD connection box!

G5 dual 2.7, Tiger 10.4.1 Media 100 HD 10.1.1

Are all these G5s so jumpy on their fans? Whenever I start something in a new program which uses both CPUs at 80% for only an instant the G5 revs up the fans for about 10 seconds and then it is very quiet again. Is there a way to drain some of it's Adrenaline?

Thanks

Felix

Return to posts index

Felix HalterRe: black vertical bars upon digitizing
by on Jun 5, 2005 at 4:07:05 pm

add. to above message: I'm using a LaCie 1.0 TB extreme firewire HD which is normally enough for SD material.

Return to posts index

Jim CalahanRe: black vertical bars upon digitizing
by on Jun 5, 2005 at 7:41:48 pm

We had something similar when we upgraded the video card on a dual 2.5 the extra heat caused issues with the HD board that didn't show up until then. The noisey fans are annoying.

Jim Calahan
KVIE, Sacramento

Return to posts index

Felix HalterRe: black vertical bars upon digitizing
by on Jun 5, 2005 at 8:37:58 pm

These adrenaline burst fan noises showed up before installing anyting but the graphics card. It's like the G5 would overreact to any peak loads of the CPU's.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]