MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Reference Movies and Self-Contained Movies Crashing Quicktime and BitVice

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Thomas
Reference Movies and Self-Contained Movies Crashing Quicktime and BitVice
on Jun 1, 2005 at 3:54:33 pm

I have a major problem. I have created several Reference movies and Self-contained movies from a couple different projects. The movies were created with QT 6.0.2 on a G4 OS9. When I try to export them as MPEG-2 movies via QT 7.0.1 on a G5 OSX I get a failed message. If I take the same movies and try to encode them with Bitvice they crash the program.

Everything was working fine before installing QT 7.0.1 on the G5. It would seem to me that the problem lays there. Should I move both machines up to QT 7.0.1 or go back to 6.0.2? My G4 is running OS9 for Media 100.

Thank you.

Steve

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Reference Movies and Self-Contained Movies Crashing Quicktime and BitVice
by
on Jun 1, 2005 at 4:28:50 pm

[Steven Thomas] "When I try to export them as MPEG-2 movies via QT 7.0.1 on a G5 OSX I get a failed message."

Do they play back in QuickTime Player, or do you get the error message on opening the QuickTimes? So is the error message on export to MPEG2 or on opening the movies?

[Steven Thomas] "hould I move both machines up to QT 7.0.1 or go back to 6.0.2? My G4 is running OS9 for Media 100.
"

I don

Return to posts index

Steven Thomas
on Jun 1, 2005 at 5:04:05 pm

The QT movies play fine on the G5. Once I go to export them as MPEG2 files that is where the problem occures. The encoding starts for about two seconds and then the message comes up...failed. Nothing more...no type of error listed, etc. BitVice just quits as soon as encoding starts.

Return to posts index

Jim Eckes
on Jun 3, 2005 at 1:08:04 am

I had the same problem, go back to QT 6. I've had the same problem in After Effects with M100 files.
I don't think QT7 is ready for M100.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]