MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Need help Immediately holiday weekend Media100xs to DVD

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katrina Speight
Need help Immediately holiday weekend Media100xs to DVD
on May 30, 2005 at 2:36:02 am

Hope someone has nothing better to do on this holidAy weekend then help me out! I'm having a problem getting my video to DVD. Have media 100xs...exported video to quicktime so that I can ues with iDVD to burn to DVD. Used Memorex DVD-R first time and message said "not compatible media....tried DVD-RW (both Memorex DVD's) and same message. Previously I used an apple DVD-R and it was successful....do I need Mac products? ...doesn't seem right???? need help project due tomorrow afternoon....

Return to posts index

Katrina Speight
Re: Need help Immediately holiday weekend Media100xs to DVD
on May 30, 2005 at 3:03:32 am

Hope someone is out ther to help me out.....Time crunch....Thanks

Return to posts index

Joe Cunningham
on May 30, 2005 at 9:22:09 pm

Katrina,

I also use M100XS. If you have the P6000 board, I recommend outputting the video to miniDV or DVCam, and then pull it into iMovie via firewire. Then you can create the DVD. It may even be quicker than exporting via QuickTime, although there may be some compression loss. I use Maxell DVD-Rs and have yet to make any coasters. Hope this helps

Return to posts index

Katrina Speight
on May 30, 2005 at 10:00:51 pm

Thanks Joe....took the long way home & had partner transfer to BetaSP to DVD Studio Pro to DVD...will never depend on iDVD again...looking for a DVD recorder (eliminate DVD software) to go from Media100 /completed video/directly to DVD, I don't need menus....want DVD recorder to act like a VHS recorder...Any suggestions? Anyone....There is a DVD recorder/Player by Duracom (never heard of this company) that has such an animal for $189.00 anyone have experience with it???

Return to posts index

Joe Cunningham
on May 30, 2005 at 10:07:47 pm

I also use DVDs as a replacement for VHS for client approval, unless split second immediacy is a big issue, in which case I'll burn a VHS. I've been using the aforementioned procedure for about a year and a half. It helps that I have a separate Mac just for burning DVDs so it doesn't tie up my editing system.

My understanding is that realtime DVD recorders still have compatibility issues with some DVD players, as well as increased coaster output. You might check dvdhelp.com for some good info on that.

Return to posts index

Nick L.
on May 30, 2005 at 11:02:03 pm

Katrina, I use a Panasonic DMR-E85H for quick DVD recording. It has a built in hard drive that lets me record several programs to the drive and then dub what I want to the DVD. Of course, I can go directly to DVD if I wish. It also has a "Tivo-like" TV guide function that makes recording my favorite TV shows a breeze. The unit costs more than the model you mentioned earlier, but I've been very happy. Also, no compatibility issues yet.

Nick Lammers
Media Mill, Inc.
St. Louis, MO

Media 100i XS 8.2.1
Dual 1Ghz G4

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on May 30, 2005 at 11:32:13 pm

I use a JVC DR-M10 DVD recorder. I picked it up on ebay for about $170.00 New in Box. It works prefectly with my media 100i XS 8.2.1

I've never had a complaint. I also use Memorex DVD-R 4X. Never had a problem.

Return to posts index

Katrina Speight
on May 31, 2005 at 4:51:12 am

thanks Greg....good info. appreciate your input...now to make a choice...since I've never heard of "Duracom" i may go with the JVC DVD recorder...can't beat the price.... Do you think there is a difference in resolution/quality of DVD if I used a DVD record machine or used software such as DVD Studio Pro to burn a DVD?

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on May 31, 2005 at 8:33:08 pm

Not sure...But my video looks great on the DVD recorder. It takes 19 minutes to record and finalize a 15 minute show. The funny thing is a 2 minute show will also take about 19 minutes. Weird...

Return to posts index

Jerome Robbins
on Jun 1, 2005 at 4:49:22 am

I have two table top DVD recorders.
With the Panasonic DMR-E60 you have to master to a dv tape via firewire, then firewire from the tape to record the R- DVD.
On the Philips DVDR-615, which is a R+, you can master directly with firewire from Media 100 just like you are mastering to a tape deck.

I like the Philips because when I have a project over 60 minutes I can put it directly to DVD without making more than one tape to master from. I have used these recorders or their previous equivalents for 3 years and have had no problems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]