MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

having trouble recognizing hard drives

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Hugheshaving trouble recognizing hard drives
by on May 27, 2005 at 7:28:10 pm

I've got a G4 dual 1.42 XR, running 10.3.8 with two Medea hardrives: 240RT & 720RT. I just replaced my Atto UL2D with a UL3D (pulled the one out, put the other one right in) and the computer won't recognize the drives. I tried re-seating the card and that didn't help. I tried one of the other PCI slots and that didn't work. I've got several other systems that are identical and they work fine. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: having trouble recognizing hard drives
by on May 27, 2005 at 7:35:22 pm

Have you installed the latest ATTO drivers and firmware for the card? Is the card recognized in Apple System Profiler? Do the drives show up in Disk Utility?

Return to posts index

GregRe: having trouble recognizing hard drives
by on May 27, 2005 at 11:10:57 pm

Floh,
I have a similar problem. Once I upgraded to OSX 10.2.8 one of my scsi drives disappeared off my desktop. All the others are still there and my system works flawlessly minus that one drive which I could really use. If I download updated drivers and firmware, will that effect my drives that are working fine? Will it affect all of the media I have on those drives? Lastly how do I figure out which card I have in my mac and which drivers and firmware to download?

Thanks so much. Glad to have you back from vacation!

Greg

Return to posts index

Thomas HughesRe: having trouble recognizing hard drives
by on May 27, 2005 at 11:18:22 pm

I goofed. My problem was that my computer was not recognizing the atto card. We solved it by pushing it really hard into the slot. Thanks Floh.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]