MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Any Media 100 sw success stories/tips?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
CharlieAny Media 100 sw success stories/tips?
by on May 27, 2005 at 2:34:11 am

Anyone using the Media 100 SW Beta? I just digitized a few hours worth of clips in FCP, but I was thinking I would try this project with Media 100 SW. We have a Media 100i edit suite and/or a FCP suite for outputting the QT exports. Anything I should consider before doing it?
- How long does it take to import the media clips?
- Will SW work on an iMac G5? How about a dual 1Gig G4?
- 99 layers? Can't wait.
Also, any word on the pricing and the release date of M100 SW? Did I hear someone say $299..

-Charlie

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Any Media 100 sw success stories/tips?
by on May 27, 2005 at 5:56:36 am

[Charlie] "one using the Media 100 SW Beta? I just digitized a few hours worth of clips in FCP, but I was thinking I would try this project with Media 100 SW. We have a Media 100i edit suite and/or a FCP suite for outputting the QT exports. Anything I should consider before doing it? "

What codec did you use for digitizing into FCP? There are codecs that can be played back by sw in realtime, and some can be "fast imported". While the DV codec can be played back in realtime the current beta of sw cannot fast-import DV files from FCP, only from iMovie. It can slow-import them (fast import should come in a later release, AFAIK), but obviously this is slower than a fast import ;-)

[Charlie] "- How long does it take to import the media clips? "

Why don

Return to posts index

Jim WiglerEven downloading the software is a pain...
by on May 27, 2005 at 1:33:28 pm

For some odd reason, the download dribbles down to 3 kb per second making for a two hour download.

Meanwhile, my $500 SDI & Real Time effects card (from Cow Classifieds) works brilliantly thus making my iXR very usable for many years to come.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]