MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

transplanted and disappearing Boris RED work in M100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Fraziertransplanted and disappearing Boris RED work in M100
by on May 25, 2005 at 2:56:00 pm

I recently upgraded to Boris RED 3.0 when upgrading to M100 8.2.2. I've been using earlier versions of both software families for over seven years, and the upgrades have added some unwanted attributes.

When I'm working with the RED text functions, frequently when I change any attributes to a layer of text (position, font, etc.) and then click on a second layer of text to manipulate it, the text from the first layer will replace the text in the second layer. What the heck's that all about?

Even more frustrating is that periodically, usually after spending a large amout of time creating a complex program, when I click "apply" and return to M100, the timeline shows that there's nothing in that Boris RED graphics component. When I open the RED component, sure enough, it's looking at me with just the empty 2-track timeline. I know that the only way around this is to frequently SAVE the program as I'm building it and just reopen it if it "disappears", but I'm thinking that RED shouldn't just trash my work like it never exsisted. It's quite rude, actually.

Is this just one more way computers are making my life better?

Thanks for any input.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: transplanted and disappearing Boris RED work in M100
by on May 25, 2005 at 4:12:36 pm

Are you using Red3.02, the latest version? Maybe you should delete the Boris Prefs...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved