MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

SW & Backwards compatible

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ChrisSW & Backwards compatible
by on May 24, 2005 at 9:29:04 pm

So I tried out the SW version today. I own a M100I 8.2.2
After launching sw I imported a timeline from another project - a project from 8.2.2
and poked around a bit and quit and chose not to save. When I went back into 8.2.2 and opened that project with the program used in the sw trial - I got an error - can't open this program - "Please use the original version that was used to create it."
Well, should have seen that one coming. That is not nice on M100's part. Beware if you have not yet tried out M100SW - Don't open any existing project programs or bins.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: SW & Backwards compatible
by on May 24, 2005 at 11:08:24 pm

This probably happened because of the autosave function. Maybe you should look if there is a backup copy of your timeline that still can be opened in Media 100 i.

Return to posts index

Nick L.Re: SW & Backwards compatible
by on May 25, 2005 at 4:05:19 am

I don't know the easiest way to get the bins back, but couldn't you go back into SW and export the program as an EDL? I'm hoping the imported EDL in 8.2.2. would recognize the original media - yes?

Nick Lammers
Media Mill, Inc.
St. Louis, MO

Media 100i XS 8.2.1
Dual 1Ghz G4

Return to posts index

FlohRe: SW & Backwards compatible
by on May 25, 2005 at 6:14:17 am

No, EDL

Return to posts index

ChrisRe: SW & Backwards compatible
by on May 25, 2005 at 4:13:29 pm

I checked my backup folder but I had opened a bunch of bins and programs in-between and lost the recent backups. Luckly I had the files back up from a few days ago and only lost some simple title work.

Thanks guys.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]