MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Networking two systems

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt shortNetworking two systems
by on May 21, 2005 at 11:17:16 pm

I want to network my two suites. One is M100ixs7.5 & the other is M100ixs8.2.2. I'd like to be able to swap files between the two via ethernet but, I have to have file sharing turned off. What are my opions?

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Networking two systems
by on May 22, 2005 at 10:53:31 am

I have successfully networked two machines via a gigabit ethernet switch without problems or any special set-up, though both were running OSX. you do get issues over permissions etc, but these are managable.

Bearing in mind that Media 100 v8.2.2 projects won't be openable in a 7.5, and various features in the 8.2.2 aren't available in 7.5 (extra graphics tracks etc), unless you only want to push projects one way (from 7.5 to 8.2.2) in an off-line on-line config, I would advise bringing the two suites to the same OS/version before networking to save headaches in the workflow.

Return to posts index

matt shortRe: Networking two systems
by on May 22, 2005 at 12:04:06 pm

I only want to network in one direction (from 7.5 - 8.2). I read somewhere that you can do this by only turning on filesharing on the destination system, which would be in OSX. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved