MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Applying dynamics to multiple audio clips

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy TaplinApplying dynamics to multiple audio clips
by on May 19, 2005 at 4:46:29 pm

This seems oddly laborious: unsync the clip, then apply to each track of the clip one at a time.

Anyone know how to apply a dynamic setting to multipe audio clips in one go? - preferably a whole audio track at once.

Andy Taplin

Return to posts index

GregRe: Applying dynamics to multiple audio clips
by on May 19, 2005 at 7:42:13 pm

I believe you can take the clip you've applied your audio effect to and apply that effect toany other unlocked clips by shift clicking on all the clips you want to add dynamics to, double clicking on the clip that has your dynamic effect, theedit suite should go to edit clip tab. Choose tools> apply audio effects to selected clips.

I believe you can do the same by selected your clis in a bin.

Return to posts index

Andy TaplinRe: Applying dynamics to multiple audio clips
by on May 20, 2005 at 8:54:01 am

Thanks Greg, I'll give that a try.

I don't know why M100 have made this so difficult?

Cheers

Andy Taplin

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: Applying dynamics to multiple audio clips
by on May 21, 2005 at 2:23:57 pm

[Andy Taplin] "I don't know why M100 have made this so difficult?"

If you mean "why is it so hard to apply an effect to multiple clips," well, if you can suggest a simpler procedure than the one Greg gave, please do.

But if you mean "why can't I apply dynamics to synched clips," it's because applying a dynamic effect to a stereo clip is not the same as applying the effect to two mono clips. Most people use pairs of synched audio clips for stereo, but Media 100 i (and HD and sw) internally treat each audio track independently, so it isn't possible to correctly apply the effect in stereo. The designers illustrated that by not allowing dynamics to be applied to synched clips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]