MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Importing Clips from AE

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark HonerImporting Clips from AE
by on May 6, 2005 at 11:29:16 pm

I've created some clips in After Effects and am having a very annoying problem getting the clips to import correctly back into Media 100. The clips I've created look great when viewed in Quicktime. But when I import into M100, I'm getting some tearing video in the spots where there is a little motion on the screen. Whenever there's some movement, the video looks a little jittery or it tears.

I've tried using both the M100 and Animation codec in creating the file in AE...but both look the same when I import back into M100 to assemble the clips into a program. I've been using m100 for eight years and never seen this before. Running OS X with v 8.2.2.

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Tim ScarpinoRe: Importing Clips from AE
by on May 9, 2005 at 8:05:05 pm

This might be a long-shot, but have you activated the anti-aliasing function on your effect? I don't have AE open right now, but on the timeline, for each layer, there's a slash that if it looks jagged, means the anti-aliasing is off. Click on the slash until it appears smooth, then make your movie and import into Media 100. Maybe this will help, though it will slow AE down a bit.

Good Luck,

Tim

Return to posts index

egeefayRe: Importing Clips from AE
by on Sep 25, 2006 at 10:29:13 pm

I have been having the same problem.
It always happens on movies rendered in After Effects
Did you find a fix?

Return to posts index

egeefayRe: Importing Clips from AE
by on Sep 25, 2006 at 10:29:48 pm

I have been having the same problem.