MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Application Quits Unexpectedly

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al J. MarschkeApplication Quits Unexpectedly
by on May 6, 2005 at 5:43:38 pm

I am getting a series of application crashes almost every 5 minutes. It seems to happen when adding or changing a transition. I've re installed the app., ran Disc Warrior & Tech tools. Trashed some prefs. Not sure which prefs are applicable at this point. Any other suggestions?

8.2.2 on OS10.3.2
D1.42

Al J. Marschke
BluMars Media
Pittsburgh, PA

Return to posts index

Al J. MarschkeRe: Application Quits Unexpectedly
by on May 7, 2005 at 10:02:47 pm

Apparently it has something to do with AE renders with the SW codec and placing titles over those movies in the timeline and rendering the static titles.
I created several bumpers on a G5 D2.5 OS 10.3.9 with the SW codec. I imported them into my Media100 XS 8.2.2 on a G4 D 1.42. OS 10.3.2. Every time I wanted to render static titles over those imported movies the application quit unexpectedly at the end of a 4 to 5 second static title render . Normally I wouldn't render static titles but I was exporting as self-contained file so I had to.

This is a relatively quick conclusion. But my m100 app. was crashing every 5 minutes... no kidding. All I had to do was move the title over digitized video and the static title rendered fine. Odd.

I'll try a few more tests to narrow it down a little further.

Al J. Marschke
BluMars Media
Pittsburgh, PA

Return to posts index

Michael C.Re: Application Quits Unexpectedly
by on May 8, 2005 at 5:50:30 am

I was getting similar crashes ( a bit more randomly) in SW on my G5 after bring moving alpha titles from LiveType into the M100 sw title tracks. I would have to render one at a time and save... over and over again I'd crash on a title. I still don't know why. All my titles were over video.

I was going to suggest that you try a new program with differnet media and see if you can still see the crash. But it sounds like you are narrowing it down. Good luck.

Return to posts index

Scott StankeyRe: Application Quits Unexpectedly
by on Feb 10, 2006 at 4:10:44 am

Hello-

I have struggled w/ this problem off and on ...and sometimes very frustrating.

I think i have narrowed it down. When using the CODEC m100-720 with other apps like motion, livetype, and afterFX, i have always checked LOSELESS COMPRESSION. I just did a test with the same files that were crashing my machine and output not using "loseless" yet still setting everything else to best...and my transitions and titles and rendering performed flawless in my m100 v 8.2.2...like a new machine...

So, i hope this is really the fix...i have also been lucky with other files that do not work and simply export from m100 and then re-import...if this doesn't work, then export m100 as a QT mov with video compression then re-import...real pain...or just re-render from graphics ap with other codec...?

All i know is don't use loseless...i don't seem to have this problem on my m100HD system so far...only on my m100xr v8.2.2

hope this helps

Scott

Return to posts index

Scott StankeyRe: Application Quits Unexpectedly
by on Feb 10, 2006 at 4:12:35 am

Hello-

I have struggled w/ this problem off and on ...and sometimes very frustrating.

I think i have narrowed it down. When using the CODEC m100-720 with other apps like motion, livetype, and afterFX, i have always checked LOSELESS COMPRESSION. I just did a test with the same files that were crashing my machine and output not using "loseless" yet still setting everything else to best...and my transitions and titles and rendering performed flawless in my m100 v 8.2.2...like a new machine...

So, i hope this is really the fix...i have also been lucky with other files that do not work and simply export from m100 and then re-import...if this doesn't work, then export m100 as a QT mov with video compression then re-import...real pain...or just re-render from graphics ap with other codec...?

All i know is don't use loseless...i don't seem to have this problem on my m100HD system so far...only on my m100xr v8.2.2

hope this helps

Scott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]