MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Faith in Media 100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felix HalterFaith in Media 100
by on May 3, 2005 at 7:55:34 pm

Just reordered my Media 100 HD which I cancelled in January. One reason for ordering is Floh's excellent support. Thanks Floh. I still think Media 100 is one of the best.
By the way, is there a problem with the component input asked by Thomas a few lines down?

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Faith in Media 100
by on May 3, 2005 at 9:55:44 pm

Thanks a lot :o)

I think you will enjoy the system. I do that everyday.

Regarding the Component issue, I have to do some additional tests on that. I never saw the problem that was described by Thomas, but I will have a look at it and some Component/SDI comparisons.

Return to posts index

Nick L.Re: Faith in Media 100
by on May 3, 2005 at 10:49:41 pm

I too am back to considering the HD system - I need to attend a local show before a final decision. One reason is Floh's on-going help (by the way, where are the other moderators?). I hope Optibase is serious because this is a big deal for my company!

Nick Lammers
Media Mill, Inc.
St. Louis, MO

Media 100i XS 8.2.1
Dual 1Ghz G4

Return to posts index

Ernie SantellaRe: Faith in Media 100
by on May 4, 2005 at 3:14:40 am

Is there any upgrade path (i.e. discount/deal) to move up to the HD system from an XR?

Ernie Santella
Santella Film/Video Productions

Return to posts index

by on May 4, 2005 at 7:02:14 am

you should get in contact with your reseller or Media 100 directly, as far as I know there are still upgrade prices for Media 100 i users.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Faith in Media 100
by on May 4, 2005 at 5:02:04 pm

I too want to show faith and order version 10 but post NAB news seems to be that Media100 editing HDV is not going to be possible at least until the end of this year IF EVER. There might be some bolt on hardware which up coverts to HD but then it would mean mastering to an HD deck, (huge expense?). Floh do you have any further thoughts on this? I really am unwilling to contemplate Premiere Pro or Final Cut even though they claim to have cracked the problems posed by HDV.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

steve bayesRe: Faith in Media 100
by on May 4, 2005 at 8:51:28 pm

Are you saying that you want to master to HDV? What outlets are requesting this as a deliverable? My guess is that if you don't have a specific request for HDV masters you will not have any in the near future either. Why wouldn't you rent the highest quality deck you could afford for one day as part of the HD finishing process? Or WM9 or H.264 on DVD-ROM, HD-DVD by the end of the year, a better looking SD DVD? There are ways to go out HDV (Lumiere HD, Miranda, Design Concepts), but if you don't have to, then why compromise your final quality that way?

If you work at a higher res than HDV your results will look better (CC, graphics, animations, etc.). And of course it is just a matter of time before the HDV decks use HD-SDI... so never say never!

Steve Bayes
Director of Marketing/Product Marketing
Media 100/Optibase

Return to posts index

by on May 4, 2005 at 10:33:28 pm

The point is that while HDV may be a good low-cost acquisition format it is not really great for editing and distribution. Why? HDV is extremely compressed, and editing in this format is difficult. While you won

Return to posts index

Al J. MarschkeRe: Faith in Media 100
by on May 5, 2005 at 9:31:36 am

HDV is an inbetween format. It's not going to be here in a year or two beacuse the real destinaion is HD. Save 6K and rent an HD camera as you need it or the next thing you will need is some device that converts all your HDV to HD. Be smart and skip HDV and rent HD. If Media 100 spends any effort on HDV it will be wasted time when they could have been working on real issues.

Al J. Marschke
BluMars Media
Pittsburgh, PA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved