MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Drop outs in renders

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kieran MatthewDrop outs in renders
by on Apr 27, 2005 at 10:48:07 am

Hi there. I'm running Media 100i XS/DV/SDI 8.2.2 in the UK and have an odd problem that someone may be able to shed some light on for me. When my system renders (titles, Boris, levels etc) every so often I'll get a strange drop out on the second field of a frame. The drop out looks like a single line of pixels about half the screen in width, that have been inverted (colourwise). It can appear anywhere within the frame, and anywhere within the render, but is not predictable.

I've been plagued with this for several years despite changing CPU, memory, drives, RAID software, Media100 software, drivers etc pretty much throughout the system. The only really common bit is my P6000, but it checks out OK in the test.

People have suggested it is the speed of my drives (Glyph DV project over firewire), but that should affect digitising and mastering, which it doesn't.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, or is just me ?

Thanks in anticipation!

Return to posts index

Ken SlaterRe: Drop outs in renders
by on May 4, 2005 at 3:19:01 am

I have experienced this problem as well on a sporadic basis and have found no cure. I also get this drop out in After Effects renders when rendering to M100 codec. I started rendering to the animation codec and seems to help.

I have no soultion but don't think drive speed is an issue.

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Drop outs in renders
by on May 4, 2005 at 10:50:50 am

Thanks Ken, at least I know it's not just me!

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Drop outs in renders
by on May 4, 2005 at 11:40:03 am

This sounds like a hardware failure, either with your P6000 boards or with something like your HD or whatever. To avoid this dropouts from AE I would recommend trying the Software Codec.

Return to posts index

by on May 4, 2005 at 11:50:45 am

Thanks Floh. My P6000 checks out when I run the hardware test - is this the sort of thing that the test might miss ?

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Drop outs in renders
by on May 4, 2005 at 11:53:31 am

If I understand your problem correctly this is only happning occasionally and not on every render. So probably this is something the hardware test could miss. You could try to run the test in Loop mode for some time (e.g. overnight) to see if something will show up then.

Return to posts index

by on May 4, 2005 at 11:56:36 am

Good point! thanks for that. I'll give it a go.

Return to posts index

by on May 11, 2005 at 11:35:39 pm

Yep after a night of looped tests, a problem was finally flagged up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]