MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Boris Workflow Suggestion Needed

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael C.Boris Workflow Suggestion Needed
by on Apr 22, 2005 at 9:08:08 pm

I need to change a whole bunch of title fonts / leading / shadow settings.

All the text has already been typed and layed out. I changed the first one manually to what we now need. Is there any way to just apply this new setting to all the rest of the titles? I have tried saving the setting but it just adds in and changes the text to the saved setting text... Also, even if I copy paste the old text into the new setting it retains it's old font/leading/shadow information.

Any help would be great! Thanks.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Boris Workflow Suggestion Needed
by on Apr 22, 2005 at 9:14:07 pm

You can do it with the "Style" palette. First set up a title as you need it. Open the style palette, create a new group and add the current style to this group.

(I think there is a bug in Boris not saving your new styles where they belong. Exit Boris, search for the folder where your new style group has been saved, search for another, already existing style group and move your new style group into that folder.)

Now open up the next title, select your text and apply the style to the text. Make sure that you are replacing all the style informations by selecting all the checkboxes you need.

Return to posts index

Michael C.Re: Boris Workflow Suggestion Needed
by on Apr 22, 2005 at 9:27:03 pm

Thanks Floh... That definitely helps!

There doesn't seem to be a bug, as I am able to find my style category with no problem in subsequent titles. However the leading doesn't seem to stay with the style for some reason.

Return to posts index

Bobby MosaediRe: Boris Workflow Suggestion Needed
by on Apr 26, 2005 at 4:56:10 pm

Ive had success copy-pasting using this method:

Create the look you want in grafitti /fx/red with sample text in all your places.

Apply changes, go back to media 100, then copy and paste that title clip.

Go back to boris using your new copied clip.

Go to your word document, or whatever your pasting from and make sure it's saved as a .txt file only, then open it up in text edit.

Highlight and copy text from text edit and paste into one of your text containers in boris. Worked for me, i did app. 1500 award winner graphics with moving backgrounds for a show just 2 weeks ago. This was my first year doing this on a media100 i system with real time titles... you could only imagine trying to do this on a pre 7.5 media 100 using cometCG!!! I had to render each graphic out too... I ended up using this machine to play back all the graphics during the 5 sessions, and thanks to the stability of i and os X, i had not one single crash the whole week... truly remarkable.

Anyways, good luck to you on your paste-paste mission.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved