MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Problems resizing photos with Boris in OSX

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Hughes
Problems resizing photos with Boris in OSX
on Apr 21, 2005 at 11:07:58 pm

Hi there-

We recently upgraded our OS9 suites to OS10.3.8 and Boris Keyframer 6.1. We're running Media 100i 8.2.2. When we use Boris to resize and/or rotate photos, they all come out pixilated. This is a problem we don't have on our suites which came with OSX. Is there some simple setting in the preferences that we might be missing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Problems resizing photos with Boris in OSX
by
on Apr 21, 2005 at 11:11:10 pm

Do you use BorisFX from within the Media 100 i timeline? Then make sure that your Codec settings in Media 100 i are all set to HDR. The other codec formats can cause these problems.

Return to posts index

Thomas Hughes
on Apr 22, 2005 at 2:57:58 am

What does HDR stand for? This is a setting that we've never used before. We've been able to do this before on the "natural setting."

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Apr 22, 2005 at 7:09:31 am

HDR stands for High Data Rate or something similar. At some point back in time Media 100 only supported 4:1 compression (150/180k NTSC/PAL), and to get the best result with this compression you were able to choose between different compression algorythms. I think with V2.5 or V3 Media 100 introduced HDR and compression up to 2:1 (300/360k). This only works with the HDR setting, all the other compression settings still went only up to 150k, although the data rate could be set higher. So HDR was the recommended format since at least V3, and with the switch to V8 and OSX the "old" settings are only there for legacy reasons. There is no reason why you should not work in HDR; in fact you will get a much better image quality.

Return to posts index

Thomas Hughes
on Apr 22, 2005 at 5:05:14 pm

Floh, There are three catagories in the Project Settings: Video, Effects and Graphics. Should all three catagories be in HDR? I also have the lossless option. Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Apr 22, 2005 at 5:06:57 pm

Yes, everything always HDR.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]