MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

HD-importing DV via firewire - MEDEA HD?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ScottHD-importing DV via firewire - MEDEA HD?
by on Apr 19, 2005 at 2:24:10 am

Hello everyone...thank you for all of the information I have been reading for the past 3 days.

I have not found any post with this subject, and we are at a loss.

I just upgraded from my G4 dual 800 with m100xr/sdi/dv to utilize my dual g5...bought the HD. I am in the process of getting ready to edit a major documentary and I just realized there is no way for me to import DV directly from firewire like my xr system with dv.

Is there any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Also have another question re my Medea RTRX 460 x2 and compatibility with my new G5 HD...has anyone got this to work or is it basically useless now that m100 does not support it?? Not even 1 year old!!??

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: HD-importing DV via firewire - MEDEA HD?
by on Apr 20, 2005 at 3:05:40 pm

You must have missed the extensive chat on this. I have been in touch with Media 100 on this because I will need firewire for digitizing HDV as well as DV and they are hopeful that this can be managed later this year. How did you not discover the lack of firewire before you purhased the HD version? I attended two wonderful demos here in the UK and they made it clear that firewire is not an option at present. The editing of HDV is altogether a much harder problem to solve due to its unusual configuration but here again there is hope on the distant horizon.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Michael C.Re: HD-importing DV via firewire - MEDEA HD?
by on Apr 21, 2005 at 5:44:26 am

For now, you'll need a DV deck with an SDI output.

Return to posts index

Scott StankeyRe: HD-importing DV via firewire - MEDEA HD?
by on Apr 25, 2005 at 5:13:39 pm

Do you have any that you recomend? I have the JVC BR-DV6000 and BR-DV600u.
Thanks
ss

Return to posts index

by on Apr 26, 2005 at 4:18:20 pm

If you have the other system to capture from (and then transfer it over), Media 100 sw and hd will see and use the media with no problem.

As for the deck, I have a DSR 1800 with an SDI card in it. I don 't know if your models have an SDI option or not... if so, that would work. Of course, you could always "promote" your analog component signal to SDI, but that is NOWHERE near as good of an idea as staying digital (i.e. capturing on a seperate Media 100i and using that media).

Good luck... Let us know what you end up doing.

Return to posts index

Antoine JRe: HD-importing DV via firewire - MEDEA HD?
by on Apr 23, 2005 at 8:15:16 am

Is digitizing with imovie and then dropping medias into you Media HD timeline an option ?

Return to posts index

Scott StankeyRe: HD-importing DV via firewire - MEDEA HD?
by on Apr 25, 2005 at 5:17:07 pm

If I use my XR system and capture lossless on to my RAID box, can i then unplug my RAID box and hook it to my HD system and use the project media folder to edit?

Any help here is greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

FlohRe: HD-importing DV via firewire - MEDEA HD?
by on Apr 25, 2005 at 5:19:49 pm

Scott Stankey:If I use my XR system and capture lossless on to my RAID box, can i then unplug my RAID box and hook it to my HD system and use the project media folder to edit?

Yes, no problem with that. All clips, timelines, bins media files and projects are forward compatible to HD; but you cannot open timelines from HD in Media 100 i.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 26, 2005 at 4:22:20 pm

Yeah, that's the way to go if you have the DV option on your XR system. That way you get it in and stay digital... also you'll be able to keep the timecode information (where if you use iMovie you will lose that on the import to Media100).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]