MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Sync problem in Media100HD acquiring footage from Beta-SP

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Mason
Sync problem in Media100HD acquiring footage from Beta-SP
on Apr 13, 2005 at 6:40:03 pm

I'm wondering if anyone has a work around for sync problems when acquiring (redigitizing) footage from Beta-SP to Media100HD?
Specifically, I'm going from a PVW-2800 in component, lossless mode. Use to be, with Media100i, that I needed to also have composite from the Beta deck to the composite in on the Media100 to get good sync in component mode.
I've tried that with Media100HD and I've tried sending an isolated house sync to both the beta deck and the Media100HD but, almost always, I get vertical sync shift indicating loss of sync.

Don't know if this has already been covered. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Sync problem in Media100HD acquiring footage from Beta-SP
by
on Apr 13, 2005 at 7:50:53 pm

[Todd Mason] "Specifically, I'm going from a PVW-2800 in component, lossless mode. Use to be, with Media100i, that I needed to also have composite from the Beta deck to the composite in on the Media100 to get good sync in component mode.
I've tried that with Media100HD and I've tried sending an isolated house sync to both the beta deck and the Media100HD but, almost always, I get vertical sync shift indicating loss of sync. "

While we usually don

Return to posts index

Todd Mason
on Apr 13, 2005 at 9:08:24 pm

Thanks, Floh!

Inspired by your ideas, I decided (just for the heck of it) to try sending BB to the Beta-SP deck & M100HD, set on SD Genlock, and it seems to have worked.

The only other big problem I'm having is that if re-acquire fails for some other reason, and the line turns red, the M100HD crashes every time when I click "Done."

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Apr 14, 2005 at 6:52:49 am

[Todd Mason] "and the line turns red, "

Which line are you speaking about?

Return to posts index

Todd Mason
on Apr 14, 2005 at 5:22:50 pm

In the lower "batch reacquire" window, where it tells you if an item has been successfully acquired or not.
When I get one that is not successful, the line of that item turns red and then when I press "done," the system crashes.

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Apr 14, 2005 at 5:50:41 pm

[Todd Mason] "When I get one that is not successful, the line of that item turns red and then when I press "done," the system crashes."

There usually is a message why the acquisition of the clip was not successful. What does it say there before crashing? This should give a clue about what

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]