MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

HD 10.1 Real-time Errors

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Micajah
HD 10.1 Real-time Errors
on Apr 7, 2005 at 7:39:28 pm

Upgraded to 10.1. Siince then, when playing a program that played back great in 10.0, the picture starts off playback correctly, but starts slowing down as if in slomo, audio gets out of synch, and eveventually the pcture starts stuttering to catch-up to the audio. When i stop playback, I get the following error message: "Some real-time errors occured where there are no items to render. Check your system's performance." Did the Media100HD hardware test - Passed. Let me say again - these same files played back correctly in version 10.0. These were 720 Programs as well as HD Programs. Unistalled 10.1, reinstalled 10.0, and the programs play fine. Uninstall 10.0 and reinstal 10.1 and the real-time errors re-appear.
Has anyone else had this problem? any suggestions? Waiting for a call-back from Media100 tech support, and waiting, and waiting. (I'm sure MY client will understand)
System details: Dual 2Ghz G5 with 2.5 GB SDRAM. Files are playing back from a 2.75TB XservRaid, with fiberjet SAN controller (couldn't wait for Apple's SAN software).

Return to posts index

Bobby Mosaedi
Re: HD 10.1 Real-time Errors
on Apr 8, 2005 at 3:57:12 am

upgrading to os x 10.3.8 fixed 10.1 problems for us. Still having a few issues with trimming clips in the timeline though, randomly crashing when i trim clips within timeline, unless i save before i trim... still trying to get to the bottom of it. The projects im having trouble on the ones ive digitized from Beta through the analog card. media100i for some reason is more stable woking with beta stuff than HD is.

if youre already running osx 10.3.8 and somehow solve this problem, let me know.

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Apr 8, 2005 at 7:21:35 am

[Bobby Mosaedi] "Still having a few issues with trimming clips in the timeline though, randomly crashing when i trim clips within timeline, unless i save before i trim... still trying to get to the bottom of it."

That

Return to posts index

Michael C.
on Apr 8, 2005 at 5:01:47 pm

How serious is this trimming issue? I'm about a week away from setting up M100HD. Random crashes while trimming in the timeline seems like a pretty major issue.

Was this fixed in 10.1.1 by anychance?

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Apr 8, 2005 at 6:28:20 pm

[Michael C.] "How serious is this trimming issue? I'm about a week away from setting up M100HD. Random crashes while trimming in the timeline seems like a pretty major issue. "

For us it usually happens every 4-5 hours of working on a project with much trimming. So it is not really serious, but a little bit irritating. It is nothing that would keep us away from finishing projects or makes us missing deadlines.

[Michael C.] "Was this fixed in 10.1.1 by anychance?"

No

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Apr 8, 2005 at 7:26:34 am

[Micajah] "pgraded to 10.1. Siince then, when playing a program that played back great in 10.0, the picture starts off playback correctly, but starts slowing down as if in slomo, audio gets out of synch, and eveventually the pcture starts stuttering to catch-up to the audio."

Is this a complex program (many layers), and does it use the Media 100 i codec? There have been some changes on how Media 100 i codec is handled in 10.1 vs 10.0, which could need more CPU power per clip/track than in V10.0. But this should only be visible in really complex situations with some layers at the same time.

Return to posts index

Micajah
on Apr 10, 2005 at 5:41:59 pm

[Floh] "Is this a complex program (many layers), and does it use the Media 100 i codec? There have been some changes on how Media 100 i codec is handled in 10.1 vs 10.0, which could need more CPU power per clip/track than in V10.0."

No - this is as simple as it gets. 1 video track, no titles in either a SD format or 1080iHD, 1 audio track. I thought that maybe a 100i file could be the problem, so I tried the SD and the HD test. And if the system should be able to deal with an 1080HD clip, why would a 100i clip trip it up? And like I said - these and much more complex programs worked fine in 10.0 on the exact same computer (other than the funky color and set-up problems with a 100i legacy clip).

Anyway, it's got us scratching our heads. Maybe a software conflict with something else in our system- FCP, Compressor, DVDStudioPro, After Effects? (by the way, we are running OSX 10.3.8 ).
Still waiting to hear from Media100 Tech support.

Return to posts index

Michael C.
Re: HD 10.3 Real-time Errors
on Feb 2, 2006 at 3:34:20 am

bumping this since I'm experiencing the exact same problem now in 10.3

The video lags then speeds up to catch up with itself during playback. Oddly enough it happens on regular old cuts with no effects or anything.

Anyone know what this is? It is not repeatable on the same area. You can simply play over it again and it fixes.

But it kinda sucks not to be able to trust your online... at least you get the real-time error message at the end... you just don't know where it happened.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]