MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

still no 'export from edit suite'

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve kownackistill no 'export from edit suite'
by on Apr 6, 2005 at 11:57:33 am

the prior thread is here http://tinyurl.com/5q4dv

OSx.3.8, M100 8.2.2, QT 6.5.2, Dual 800, 1.25 Ram

reiterating: upgraded from x.2, to X.3.8 and then intsalled 8.2.2. I no longer have export capabilities. As soon as I click "export from edit suite" , M100 closes. Just confirmed with a friend of mine using same hardware with X.3.8 and 8.2.1 his works fine.

Floh's last suggestion was to re-install QT, no help. Re-installed 8.2.2, and tried the usual: trash prefs, use new admin user, permissions, etc.

More thoughts?

Steve

Return to posts index

steve kownackiRe: still no 'export from edit suite'
by on Apr 6, 2005 at 12:01:54 pm

forgot to mention that installing the new M100i software codec fixed the QT viewing issue. Everything else in M100 seems to operate as usual.

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: still no 'export from edit suite'
by on Apr 6, 2005 at 8:08:38 pm

Try deleting your Media 100 Nav Services preferences file, "com.Media100.Media100i.plist" in your user folder/Library/Preferences. Or create a new user on your Mac and try running as that user (you'll have to re-enter the registration key for that user.)

Return to posts index

steve kownackiRe: still no 'export from edit suite'
by on Apr 7, 2005 at 12:42:07 am

that didn't help either. I'm at a complete loss. I would re-install 8.2.1 but I have a number of projects in flux and assume it won't open 8.2.2 projects. nearly everything I'm doing will need a reference export for cleaner.

i don't relish the thought of a OS install.

steve

Return to posts index

FlohRe: still no 'export from edit suite'
by on Apr 7, 2005 at 7:39:14 am

[steve kownacki] "I don't relish the thought of a OS install. "

I would try reinstalling the OS to another HD. If you have a spare drive or a FireWire disk, install the latest OS to this partition, or buy a cheap (they are really cheap) additional internal IDE disk. This most likely will fix your problem, since we can use the export on all our systems. But keep the "backup" of your current installed system until you have finished all your projects.

[steve kownacki] " I would re-install 8.2.1 but I have a number of projects in flux and assume it won't open 8.2.2 projects."

V8.2.1 does open V8.2.2 projects, and obviously V8.2.2 does open V8.2.1 projects as well. With these little version numbers the compatability works both ways.

Return to posts index

Steve KownackiRe: still no 'export from edit suite'
by on Apr 15, 2005 at 11:23:08 am

just following up with the gorey details (condensed version)...
I installed OSX.2.3 (with default QT6.4) on another partition, uninstalled 8.2.2 and re-installed it and things were back to normal.

I then did an arhcive and install on my original system drive and after I uninstalled/re-installed 8.2.2 things worked again.

So till i get a few projects wrapped up, i'm not upgrading the OS or QT. There's 5 hours of my life I'm not getting back.

Ta,
Steve

Return to posts index

Steve KownackiRe: working again
by on Apr 18, 2005 at 3:45:20 pm

oops, I meant X.3.2. But did the update to 10.3.8 and QT 6.5 and all is well again. steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]