MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media not being recognized

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark FrazierMedia not being recognized
by on Apr 4, 2005 at 2:32:00 pm

I have been running 8.2.2 for a couple of months. I have a project that is simply one 45-minute chunk of video, fade in and fade out, with only audio adjustments.

But on the same frame at about the halfway point, it stops and give me the error message "Could not play because the media was recorded with a newer version of Media 100i." Needless to say, that message is not accurate. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Media not being recognized
by on Apr 4, 2005 at 2:35:35 pm

Most likely this is because of a bad media file. Save your timeline under a new name (to keep a backup copy) and delete some of the clips where the playback fails, until you find the bad one. Delete the media file of the bad clip and redigitize.
It could not hurt to check your media drive either. Maybe the file got damaged because of a problem on your Media drive.

Return to posts index

Mark FrazierRe: Media not being recognized
by on Apr 5, 2005 at 7:09:37 pm

Thanks, that fixed it.

Any reason it would have played just fine last week, but not now? I transferred the media to an internal drive and got the same results. Could the size of the file have anything to do with the issue? (It was a single 45-minute piece of video.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved