MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 iFinish 4.0 Hardware error issues

COW Forums : Media 100

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tracy
Media 100 iFinish 4.0 Hardware error issues
on Apr 1, 2005 at 2:35:08 pm

I have a Media 100 running iFinish 4.0 on a Compaq AP550 1Gz Xeon and I was wondering if anyone has had the following hardware error code when doing effects: (-19017) and if they've made the leap to iFinish 4.6 with this system and not had problems. I know this is going back a few years for many of you, but if anyone could look in the deep dark recesses of their mind and give me some advice here I'd really appreciate it (other than upgrade to a new system) Thanks!

Return to posts index

Harrison Jiedueh
Re: Media 100 iFinish 4.6 Avi file
on Apr 1, 2005 at 3:23:54 pm

I am using Media 100 iFinish 4.6 with WindowsXP Professional, anytime I import in an AVI file video to it the video lost quality and the video pixex look trible. Can anyone please help me or tell me what is the problem or how ot do it or what am I doing wrong.
Ireally need help. God bless you all for your time.

Tank
Harrison at chea41@hotmail.com

I love your site I want to be a member. I does video and graphic
Thank
Harrison

Return to posts index

Harrison Jiedueh
on Apr 3, 2005 at 11:34:34 pm

I am using Media 100 iFinish 4.6 with WindowsXP Professional, anytime I import in an AVI file video to it the video lost quality and the video pixex look trible. Can anyone please help me or tell me what is the problem or how ot do it or what am I doing wrong.
I really need help. God bless you all for your time.

Thank
Harrison at chea41@hotmail.com

I love your site I want to be a member. I do videos and graphics
Thank
Harrison

Thank
Harrison

Return to posts index

Harrison Jiedueh
on Apr 3, 2005 at 11:36:14 pm

[Harrison Jiedueh] "I am using Media 100 iFinish 4.6 with WindowsXP Professional, anytime I import in an AVI file video to it the video lost quality and the video pixex look trible. Can anyone please help me or tell me what is the problem or how ot do it or what am I doing wrong.
I really need help. God bless you all for your time. "

Thank
Harrison

Return to posts index

RobM
Re: Media 100 iFinish 4.0 Hardware error issues
by
on Apr 1, 2005 at 4:52:20 pm

Hi Tracy,

Try running the hardware test to verify that your boards are okay.

By "doing effects", I presume you mean transitions? If so, check that your system is configured per the CPG:
http://support.media100.com/CPGs/default.aspx

and make sure that you don't have any media residing on the C: drive (i.e., check the media destinations for your project and look on the C: drive for a project media folder)

For more info, check out:
http://support.media100.com/KBSearch/kbDocument.aspx?id=44

Return to posts index

Tracy
on Apr 4, 2005 at 11:53:39 am

Thanks for the info! I did run the hardware tests and the boards checked out fine so it has to be a drive issue. I came into this system very late. Apparently someone had the bright idea to add more hard drive capacity and they added an IDE hard drive and made the SCSI drive a backup drive. But what happened next was the "editor" we have here (not really a trained one) started using the higher capacity IDE drive and it caused the error code. Since I have more experience as an editor I thought it would be better to save media files to the SCSI drive when I did my editing but I still had the same error codes. I'm thinking it has something to do with the added drive and I think you've steered me in the right direction.

Return to posts index

CameronT
on Apr 5, 2005 at 7:41:14 am

Have you tried trashing away the Media 100 Preference ? Do a search for Media 100 preference. It could be due to corrupted preferences. Then start with a new project. From past experience, the IDE drives still can handle up to 2:1 compression.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]