FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aja losing audio with browsers

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Black
Aja losing audio with browsers
on Jun 2, 2016 at 9:34:56 pm

I've searched everywhere for an answer and can't figure this one out. I just upgraded to El Capitan a little while ago. I've got a Mac Pro with a KONA LHe+ and everything seems fine when I start up my computer. However, if I use Chrome or Safari, I lose audio to my speakers on my whole system. I can switch to headphones or built-in audio and it's fine, but nothing will go through my KONA to my speakers.

I've searched everywhere on the internet with a bunch of different searches and had no luck. I assume the issue is some incompatibility with the browser and the card, but don't know what that could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

Return to posts index

Eric Black
Re: Aja losing audio with browsers
on Jun 6, 2016 at 9:15:08 pm

I finally did the intelligent thing and called AJA support. Putting the answer here, in case anyone else ends up with the same problem.

The sadly easy result to this problem is to open the AJA Control Panel and in Control under Default Output click on the Video Output dropdown. It is most likely on Test Pattern. That alone might fix the problem. I actually changed it to another selection and then back to Test Pattern, but the support tech said just clicking on it would probably do it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]