FORUMS: list search recent posts

Xena Card and Prospect HD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Briggs
Xena Card and Prospect HD
on Apr 17, 2006 at 4:53:28 pm

Is there anybody on the forum using the Xena PciExpress card and the Cineform codec? I'd love to hear if anyone has used it for extensive greenscreen/bluescreen work? The codec is 10bit 4:2:2 correct?
thanks for any info
Chad

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Tim Kolb
Re: Xena Card and Prospect HD
on May 1, 2006 at 1:20:27 pm

I know no one has answered you here...and it's not as if none of us use the CineForm system...though I have not personally keyed with it yet (which is why I did not respond to your post immediately), I know it should work very well because as you note, it's 4:2:2, 10 bit...and full raster (unlike DVC ProHD or HDcam natively).

TimK,

Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Chad Briggs
on May 1, 2006 at 4:42:20 pm

Tim-
Thanks for your thoughts. The only other strange thing i've noticed is that you acutally have to pay for every machine you want the codec on? Doesn't that make it a little counterproductive in a worfklow? For example, matrox gives away it's software codecs, so you can comp/animate on other machines, then take it to the matrox for output. Or am i missing something and making it more complicated thatn it needs to be.
thanks
Chad

Return to posts index

Mgrins
on Sep 25, 2006 at 9:44:19 am

Hi Chad,
I'm in the process of setting up Aja & Cineform, so haven't tested too much yet. I discussed this exact question with Cineform tech support. They said to install the trial and then uninstall, when uninstalling it will prompt you to leave the codec on the computer. This I understand won't expire and will allow playback of cineform on that computer (I don't know if it will allow encoding I haven't tested it)

Hope this is of some use.

cheers,
Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]