FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Audio help

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Vick
AJA Audio help
on Feb 1, 2006 at 7:44:33 pm

Okay finally got audio coming out of FCP to my mixer and speakers. Great! Now How do I get audio from the G5 like itunes or QT movies from the internet?

b

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: AJA Audio help
on Feb 1, 2006 at 7:58:09 pm

Add a stereo mini plug to stereo rca cord from your G5s headphone output and plug that in to your mixer.

Jeremy

-----------
G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.04 <> Kona 2
ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre
OS 10.4.2 <> QT 7.0.3

Return to posts index

Bob Vick
on Feb 1, 2006 at 8:04:05 pm

nevermind nothing is really working for audio.

What is the best set up with this:

Beta sp 1800 source
FCP 5.04
AJA io LA
atto ul4d
medea rt3
Mackie 1402

Altec Lansing powered speakers

I am having a real issue with audio. Audio captures fine and I see it on the VU. doesn't get to the mixer. well on the timeline if tracks 3 & 4 are used then it gets to the mixer but not to the beta for recording... on 1 & 2 only if the beta is up on the mixer and record is pushed. I need the best way to wire this for audio monitor and so that the beat 1800 gets an audio feed as well as my VHS and stand alone DVD.

b

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Feb 1, 2006 at 11:10:14 pm

Who did your install?

There's all kinds of variables, and I'd start with cabling, how's it all tied together? Aja out to beta in, beta out to mixer, to aja in. Powered speakers in to control room out.

That's the low down basics. You can add the mixer in between it all and use the channel mute alt 3-4 buttons to route sound out and prevent feedback. This would alos put the mixer in between FCP and your beta if you want that, but usually you can run straight out of FCP. Add your computer audio into one or two channels of the mixer and you can have sound out to your monitors that way.

Make sense?

You can also set your beta deck to e-e mode if you want a/v signals running through it all the time. You have to dig through the menus to achieve this.

I could go on, but I think we should start with all of this.

Jeremy

-----------
G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.04 <> Kona 2
ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre
OS 10.4.2 <> QT 7.0.3

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Feb 1, 2006 at 11:56:45 pm

you have excellent equipment - now hire a qualified freelance engineer to install your system. This ain't plug and play - this ain't a home stereo system.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Bob Vick
on Feb 2, 2006 at 2:19:49 pm

Yeah I work a t a broadcast station. We have 6 qualified engineers. The guy who did the FCP change from Cinewave to AJA does all of the news edit rooms. He is just stumped here? not sure why.
b

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Feb 2, 2006 at 6:03:19 pm

Hi Bob,
I often get in trouble on these forums for posts like this, and I am about to do it again. Your qualified engineers are certainly qualified, but just lazy - they can't be bothered with making a simple tech support call to AJA to ask them how to set up the menus (easy setups). If the Cinewave was working, the AJA should be working identically in the same system. This is what you must do - FORCE the guy who setup the system to sit there in front of you, and call AJA tech support with him sitting there, and make him talk on the phone to AJA tech support. Now, you could have him post questions on this forum, and we could answer him, but I bet he has no interest in doing this. If he refuses to call AJA tech support, to get the menu's setup correctly, it becomes your responsibility to go to management, and tell them that your engineering staff has no interest in properly installing the expensive equipment that the station has just purchased, and all you need is for one of these gentlemen to simply dedicate one hour to this issue, and your problem will be resolved.

Let's see if this post gets bounced.

No offense to anyone !

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Bob Vick
on Feb 4, 2006 at 2:42:56 pm

That is the suggested course of action. Hopefully this will be resolved ASAP

Thanks

bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>