FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Hiccups and Random Silence

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike L
Audio Hiccups and Random Silence
on Aug 8, 2005 at 7:18:41 pm

Ever since the new FCP update and V2 of Aja LA drivers/control panel/etc, we've experienced consistently erratic audio performance with the IO LA:

1. Upon first launch of FCP, all seems okay for a short while. Proper Playback of a clip goes along then - suddenly - silence. Video plays, but no audio. No change with another clip, another sequence. Sometimes clicking into the Finder then back into FCP gets us audio again, sometimes not. Sometimes we have to do this several times before the AJA audio is "on" This is most frustrating.

2. Digitizing is even more erratic. Sometimes we can't hear audio, but it gets captured anyway. Usually we'll go through a dozen of more of the FCP/Finder click cycles until things settle down. This is a most unreliable way to get work done.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance-

Mike L

Return to posts index

olof
Re: Audio Hiccups and Random Silence
by
on Aug 11, 2005 at 1:38:50 pm

I have the same problem, I found switching to mac internal audio solves problem for monitoring.

This is not a good solution though printing to tape you don't want to use Apple HDW audio.

I have been meaning to call AJA about this. I was waiting to see if someone else had the same problem.

Westside A V Studios

Return to posts index

weevie833
on Aug 11, 2005 at 3:22:08 pm

In your Capture Presets for FCP, do you have Speaker On? This is normally defaulted to Off.

AudioVideo Settings/Capture Presets/Edit/Quictime Audio Settings: Advanced/Speaker On

See if this is the issue.

With regard to the blank audio, I have seen [heard] this happen on timelines with more than 8 tracks, even though the tracks are rendered. Strangely, it happened only on exported QT files, not on straight playback. There was one clip that seemed to corrupt everything else and I ended up re-arranging the audio clips into different tracks and it worked out OK, though not perfectly. I am running off Kona2, so it's hard to say for sure whether your isse is and FCP or an IO problem since our problems sound similar. Forgot to mention that all of the audio on my timeline was brought in from CD at 44k, and converted RT by FCP. That may have been a factor as well.

I am running 4.5 off of OS X 10.3.8 on G5 dual 2ghz via Xserve RAID

steve covello
double wide post

Return to posts index

chris Torella
on Dec 3, 2005 at 9:10:54 pm

hey mike

did you ever solve this _- i am going through the same thing and it is driving me nuts.

chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]