FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can the IO now be uswd as a stand-alone audio interface?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Figgiani
Can the IO now be uswd as a stand-alone audio interface?
on Jun 29, 2005 at 11:10:56 pm

I was under the impression the IO was supposed to be able to perform as a stand-alone audio interface. [with this new firmware/driver] Is this true?

thanks.

-paul.

Return to posts index

VideoManSF
Re: Can the IO now be uswd as a stand-alone audio interface?
on Jun 30, 2005 at 7:00:28 am

Yes and no. If you need to move audio from say SDI to four analogue tracks, the the io will do it with only an only firewire mac, say a DV imac, and the control panel software. But, if your trying to capture audio through anything but FCP, or the new QT 7 player, look somewhere else. M-audio, an M-box, or another USB or FW audio interface will also be better suited for audio work. With mic amps, audio units drivers, pads, and editing software standard, you can't go wrong in the sub $500 category. But, for my taste, MOTU makes the best hardware for the money.
VM

Return to posts index

Jalal Jemison
on Jun 30, 2005 at 7:37:27 pm

Does that include Soundtrack Pro? I am still using FCP HD and the inability for the IO to monitor audio via any audio app besides FCP is the biggest disapointment of my professional career.

So can we monitor audio out via Soundtrack Pro, using the IO and the Control Panel? I still haven't upgraded to FCP 5 studio, audio out via the IO is the only feature I want or need.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

JRF
by
on Jul 2, 2005 at 8:57:32 pm

I've been waiting for the answer to this question, too. It's crazy that an app bundled with FCP doesn't have a professional I/O (excuse the pun).

John

Dual 2.5 G5 4 gigs RAM OS 10.3.8 QT6.5.2

Dual Cinema 23 Radeon 9800

FCP4.5 DVDSP 3.0.2

Huge U-320R 1TB Raid 3 firmware ENG12.BIN

ATTO UL4D driver 3.20

AJA IO driver 1.3.1 firmware v21-26

SonicStudio HD DAW, Yamaha DM1000, Genelec Monitors

Return to posts index

Paul Figgiani
Not Core Audio Compliant
on Jul 3, 2005 at 1:06:09 pm

I contacted AJA. I mentioned my IO/LA does not show up in hardware capture preferences in Motu's Digital Performer software. According to Motu, the software will recognize any Core Audio compliant device.

Aja informed me that Apple has not made the IO line Core audio compliant. It would be fantastic if this was the case. Does anyone know if this will change?

-paul.

Return to posts index

Dave
Re: Not Core Audio Compliant
by
on Jul 24, 2005 at 8:45:45 pm

I was told to email sales at AJA and give them your request.

Dajen Productions
Santa Barbara, CA
G5 Dual 2 Gig - AJA IO & LA
Huge 1.2 Raid
FCP 5-OS X 10.4.1-QT 7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]