FORUMS: list search recent posts

4K and slo mo camera advice

COW Forums : Drones/UAV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip James
4K and slo mo camera advice
on Aug 7, 2017 at 1:58:46 pm

It's time for me to take a step up from my 5D MKIII. I'll be using this new camera mainly for video shooting. I'd like to shoot in 4K (ideally with some slow motion capability) and also have a good range of HD slow motion options. And good quality imagery. I'm a bit overloaded with specs right now and thought I'd put it to the forum for some wisdom. My current short list is:

Sony A9

Sony A7S II

Panasonic Lumix GH5

Black Magic URSA Mini Pro

Canon 1DX

I can see advantages and disadvantages of each. The GH5 seems a great all-rounder ticking most of my boxes but it's not so great in low light (maybe not a major issue ultimately) and micro 4/3 isn't so great since I shoot quite a lot of macro and often want narrow depth of field. Black Magic might be a good choice but bigger and not so good in low light. The only one without rolling shutter though? A9 generally looks great but doesn't have so many features for film makers. Canon 1DX - huge but maybe. There is also a big difference in price between the various models. Hmmm... I guess size/weight (for macro tracking), control of depth of field, higher rates of slow motion and image quality (including color depth) are my main priorities. Any advice?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]