simple colour matching & exposue advice required please

COW Forums : Color Grading

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gordon Henry
simple colour matching & exposue advice required please
on Jul 3, 2016 at 9:17:54 am

advise please..
Hi Guys,

I have shot a theatre show with 2 cameras and i will be doing a simple Multicam edit with FCP 7.. the show is about 90 mins in length . The 2 cameras do vary in saturation and exposure as one was always shooting tight the other was wide , Though both were shot on same makes of cameras. I don't know whats the best way to go about doing a basic grade and match the footage. Should I do this before I start the edit or after the edit , does it complicate the process if i am going down the multicip edit in repect of the grading?

Also i am not sure what the best way to go about the grading . I have never attempted colour grading/matching so please don't shoot me down as i require advice in simple language please- still on a learning curve!!. As I mentioned i will be using FCP 7 to do the edit , i have also downloaded resolve but never used that . It really is a simple colour match and tweak the exposure between the 2 cameras to give it a more similar look . Currently the footage is 422 pro res. I am posting this as i am on a bit of a tight deadline so don’t want to go down the stress of trial error and keep at it route.. incase that is one of the replies fired back at me.... :-)

Any advise much appreciated and thanks again people for reading my post!

GH

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: simple colour matching & exposue advice required please
on Jul 4, 2016 at 6:16:48 am

'tips on color correcting these two clips? wildly different DSLR settings'
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/394/32#35

Return to posts index

Gordon Henry
Re: simple colour matching & exposue advice required please
on Jul 4, 2016 at 9:05:26 am

thanks chris for your help...

a little unsure as i use FCP... and never opened the grading process... i presume you using premiere judging by your thread?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]