FORUMS: list search recent posts

Da Vinci Resolve Workflow/system

COW Forums : Color Grading

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Thomas Crayford
Da Vinci Resolve Workflow/system
on May 17, 2016 at 7:53:42 pm

Hi,

Doing a project at university looking at the systems and workflows that are available for colour grading.

In particular I have chosen to work with DaVinci Resolve as that's what I primarily use for grading.

I am looking to become a freelance colourist in the future so any help on this will help me set up my business and writing my report for university, which includes primary research hence why I am asking on here!

What does the typical freelance colour grader have, any specific kit that you would recommend? All the way from the internals of your computer, preferably PC. What monitor, how you connect that monitor to the computer, the control surface, any addition kit you have e.g. NAS drive for backups.. anything really.

All industry standard stuff really! As detailed as possible too, don't be afraid to use a lot of jargon, I'm a techy kinda person!

Currently I have an ASUS ProArt calibrated monitor as my reference one as I currently cannot afford a professional production monitor, a GTX 970 with an intel 4790K. Childs play really, but does the job for now.

Thanks in advance to any replies, you'll be doing be a huge favour!

Return to posts index

Thomas Crayford
Re: Da Vinci Resolve Workflow/system
on May 19, 2016 at 9:46:16 am

Anyone able to help me? :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]