FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow Advice

COW Forums : Color Grading

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cameron Dozier
Workflow Advice
on Sep 17, 2019 at 2:02:39 am
Last Edited By Cameron Dozier on Sep 17, 2019 at 2:03:25 am

In the past I have made prores transcodes of my footage, edited, then colored the original files, exported them in the highest quality quicktimes possible, then relinked my low-res transcoded files with the big color corrected files, export from editor.

Now that I am handing my footage off to colorists, the workflow has been a bit tough...I've had to remove transitions and any effects like opacity changes, etc. I understand this, but last time I handed my premiere project off to a colorist, I had to notate which shots needed handles/frames to create transitions with, and it was a bit tedious. This time a colorist needs an XML with my low res movs relinked with the original CinemaDNGs...well premiere isn't letting me relink the movs with DNG sequences...it will let me import CinemaDNG sequences just fine, but I can't connect the edited portion of the low res mov with the CinemaDNG equivalent. The filenames are the same...

Only thing I can think of is to just go through and replace the shots manually with the CinemaDNGs....add handles to the ones with transitions...basically pull my edit apart and give him an XML and the CinemaDNGs...

What is the better way to do this? Is there a way to relink my movs with my CinemaDNG's in Premiere, with my edits intact? Do I have to create proxie's in Resolve a different way than just exporting low res .movs? Not sure how to make this workflow more smooth. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]