FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie question: Fav color correction tool and why?

COW Forums : Color Grading

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Laughlin
Newbie question: Fav color correction tool and why?
on Mar 9, 2017 at 5:04:53 pm

So, I've been editing for a long time, and I currently use and can achieve good solid basic color correction inside of Premiere Pro using the basic color correction tools and on occasion, the Lumetri tools. I have DaVinci, Red Giant, and Apple Color, and have been so busy with editing work, that I need to brush up on moving out of color correction, and into more color grading. I'm a fan of fast. Whether it is drag and drop, or taking the footage in and out of Resolve or Red Giant, I get into those interfaces and start to panic.

(Maybe it is a situation where they are all great, and I need to pick one, and train up on it. Yes, however, I would love your comments and opinions for sure.)

Question 1: Fav color correction tool and why? What color tools do you like, are easy, or easy to learn, and what online resources worked for you? How long did it take to figure out? I do have YouTube and Lynda.com, but before I watch a 7-10 hour series, I'd rather get a few suggestions, before I start training in something that ultimately may not be the tool I stick with.

Question 2: Is there an industry standard tool, that is a must in the industry, or is it a variety? Are more industry pros using Resolve as a set standard, or are more editors using other simpler or more advanced tools? I do niche docs, TV Reality style content, corporate promos, and internal training content. Not a ton of films or music videos at the moment, and not a ton of edits that require VFX.

Question 3: Are editors moving AWAY from certain tools due to limitations, or compatability issues or lack of support or updates, or just moved on from?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Salt Lake City, Utah
digitalchophouse.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]