FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does Fusion do multi-camera projection mapping?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design Fusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blase Theodore
Does Fusion do multi-camera projection mapping?
on Dec 2, 2016 at 5:09:03 pm

Googled the heck out of this, and couldn't find a good answer.

I'm considering switching over to Fusion because of its Resolve connectivity, but I need to ensure a critical feature before I do:

In nuke you can build projection cameras (from 3d tracked plates) separately from the shot camera…

So lets say you had a curved dolly track shooting a background plate, and a curved dolly track of a person against green screen. And then a curved dolly track of some foreground objects against green screen.

And the goal was to stack them.

There would be subtle variations of the speed of the camera move and the curve of the track which means you can’t just layer them all together. But in Nuke you can motion track all 3 plates to get 3 projection cameras. And then build a shot camera that sorta matches them.

Can you do this in Fusion?

And is the quality of Fusion's 3D tracker to a similar standard as Nuke's or AE's?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Does Fusion do multi-camera projection mapping?
on Dec 3, 2016 at 5:04:26 pm

You can certainly do camera projection in Fusion, but Fusion doesn't yet (unless they snuck it in) have a 3D tracker. The tracking tool is just a point tracker. For 3D I use synth eyes and use its export to fusion setting.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Blase Theodore
on Dec 3, 2016 at 5:30:48 pm

Cool thanks Glenn.

To be clear here, the objective is to combine multiple 3D tracked plates, via projection mapping. So once you build that data with syntheses or pftrack, you can create a separate shot camera from the multiple 3D-tracked projected cameras, right?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Dec 4, 2016 at 4:38:04 pm

I guess it depends on your tree build. AFAIK, you can only have 1 projection source linked to any projection camera, but i see no reason you can't combine shots together further down the pipeline. If you are trying to project 2 shots onto 1 object, that might be an issue, but if its green screen, it should just all come down to the comp at the end anyway correct?

Try the free version of fusion out and play with it.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]