FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD Vid on Ex Hard Drive to back up store original footage

COW Forums : Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryant Mock
HD Vid on Ex Hard Drive to back up store original footage
on Mar 20, 2020 at 3:11:49 am

Hello. I have 780gb of 1080 footage on an external HD. This footage is of a sailing voyage across the entire pacific ocean and all island stops. I intend on editing this all done one day but was concerned about all that footage on external hard drives just sitting there not being spun up monthly. I'm not in the biz any more and am busy doing other things and can't get to the edit for a while. I'm glad I backed up from the Lacie hd I bought in Panama to my expensive G Techs. Well the G techs will not mount and the Lacie still will. I am working on a Macbook Pro.

My question is this. I need to back up all this footage to DVD's to have it stored somewhere other than external HD in case of failure. I have Toast 11 with the HD plug in but was curious if there is a better way(s). I do not want to invest in any more gear. I do have a Pioneer BDR-XDO5 that I bought years ago and don't know how to use it. It came with 2 BD-R XL 100GB 2x-4x Recordable DVD's. Should I just learn this? Should I back up all this footage via Toast to regular DVD's?

I don't want to lose quality of the original files as to edit later on. If anyone has the right answer I will gladly 'tip' them. I would like compression settings and file formats included as well. Thank you for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]