FORUMS: list search recent posts

LTO5 Software for Windows 10

COW Forums : Storage & Archiving

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Allen
LTO5 Software for Windows 10
on Feb 6, 2020 at 10:58:38 am

Howdy folks. I've been using some home grown linux scripts for archiving and unarchiving, but I'm not in the situation in which I need to move this equipment over to a windows based server. I'm looking for help with suggestions for software that can restore TAR files, as we have thousands of tapes all written in that format. I don't mind changing formats moving forward, but I need to be able to restore to TAR.

I've tried using the demo of ArGEst Backup, but I've been unable to get it to work. Upon asking for help with support all i got was .

"BRU is not TAR. To restore tar tapes, you must use tar."

Which does not really answer my question on HOW you restore to TAR. If that's the level of support that they give, count me out.

I'm just looking for some decent software that will help my situation. Any ideas?

Regards

Luke

Return to posts index

Martin Greenwood
Re: LTO5 Software for Windows 10
on Feb 6, 2020 at 12:20:29 pm

Hi Luke,

I know you are asking about Windows, but an FYI in case you don't find any other solution.

Our YoYotta LTFS software will restore TAR tapes from standalone drives and if required you can re-archive the restored files to LTFS tapes. YoYotta Automation will do the same with a tape library.

However YoYotta runs on macOS... if you have access to a Mac then please try this out with our demo which has full functionally.

Best,

Martin Greenwood

CTO

YoYotta.com

Return to posts index

Luke Allen
on Feb 6, 2020 at 12:30:21 pm

Hey Martin . Thanks for your quick response. Honestly, If I was not stuck on a windows OS, I'd be using YoYotta LTFS already. I found your website on my initial research, and YoYo has also been praised on here several times. Sadly, I'm stuck looking for an alternate option.

Return to posts index

Tim Gerhard
on Apr 6, 2020 at 10:23:07 pm

LTFS you only have a few options on Windows.

IBM Spectrum Archive Single Drive Edition - Free

Xen Data Workstation 6 - $499

PreRollPost - $499

The free software gives you 0 support and no verification or database capabilities.

Tim Gerhard
MagStor Inc.
LTO Solutions TB3 / SAS / USB / FC
614-505-6333
tgerhard@magstor.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]