FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sync problems when Encoding audio during export of video

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Norman
Sync problems when Encoding audio during export of video
on Sep 13, 2017 at 12:25:50 pm
Last Edited By Alan Norman on Sep 13, 2017 at 12:34:19 pm

I have been editing a large multi camera concert and at the end of my edit, I am introducing in addition to the digital audio recording from the PA desk, another recording both of which are via Tascam DR40 feed. The latter being overhead stereo vocal mics of the choir which I need to add.

I am using a Ryzen 1800 with 63mb of memory and Nvida GTX 1080 card with 11gb memory so plenty of power.

My cameras are 4 off and filming in 4k so lots of data!

After editing both video and audio, before adding the choir audio track, it encoded from CC export perfectly - smooth and great 4k that I upload straight to my Vimeo page.

But if I fade up the choir track in perfect sync that renders and plays back in perfect sync, and then I export either via CC or Adobe Encoder, the choir track is out of sync and makes the embellishment of the choir in the concert useless.

I can live with out this track but we went to so much professional trouble to get the mics in position and try to get the optimum sound, its so maddening that I cannot understand why this is happening on export.

PLEASE, can anyone make any worthwhile suggestions that might help me as I am pressed to finish the rest of the concert edit and move on but I cannot finish with this problem.

Many thanks in advance.

Alan

Return to posts index

Alan Norman
Re: Sync problems when Encoding audio during export of video
on Sep 17, 2017 at 1:31:14 pm

I have just tried saving a WAV file this from CC and the audio from the cameras and the audio from the Tascam audio recorder are out of sync - even though they were in sync at the rendering and being saved stage.

So its an encoding problem.

Could it be due to the Tascam recording at 44.1 and the Video Cameras were at 48 KHZ - not sure if there is any connection that will affect them at the encoding stage ?

Any ideas for a work around please ?

Need some help please.

Return to posts index

Alan Norman
Re: Sync problems when Encoding audio during export of video
on Sep 17, 2017 at 9:54:33 pm

OK solved !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]