FORUMS: list search recent posts

Digital Asset Management System- Any recommendation?

COW Forums : NAS - Network Attached Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chung Kim
Digital Asset Management System- Any recommendation?
on Dec 13, 2019 at 3:12:10 pm

My company is looking for the Digital Asset Management System to centralize all the images, video clips, sound clips, PDF etc. Our company size is 1000 employee. The system will provide all our staff to search, download, view or watch digital asset on a website.

What kinds of DAM does you or your company use? Or any advice?
Thanks,

CK

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Digital Asset Management System- Any recommendation?
on Dec 27, 2019 at 3:13:48 pm

Curios as well.
I've been asked this so many times over the last 20 years and I still haven't found a perfect or close to a decent solution.
My first attempt was using Adobe Bridge metatag option but back then that wasn't working all too well with videos and of course they threw in other bricks like InDesign projects, fonts, vector files, etc...
That was during the Apple Xserve days.
We went through two Apple servers, Apple Xserve RAIDs and a slew of GTECH high-end RAIDs.
All have been destroyed due to non-support.
Now running Synology NAS and there is some type of DAM in there but nothing to write about.
A completely different set of issues but that's going off-topic.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Digital Asset Management System- Any recommendation?
on Dec 27, 2019 at 8:42:37 pm
Last Edited By Bob Zelin on Dec 27, 2019 at 8:44:48 pm

Cat DV and Axle Video have been well established for many years. What's the problem ?
You load it on your Mac, point to your server, and you have a DAM. Countless people do this.
Do you mean, how come Synology can't offer you a free one from their App Center ?

And I never answered Chung about his question, but it really bothered me (because everything bothers me these days). Your company has 1000 people that need to access the data, and no one at your company have ever been to an NAB or IBC show ? Really ?

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]