Jim Miller
Re: Tester
on Sep 11, 2019 at 10:26:53 pm

Thanks, Tim.

Return to posts index

Jim Miller
on Sep 12, 2019 at 11:36:47 pm

Tim, while I've got your attention, I wonder can you answer a query. I've set my account to not receive the newsletter, or the third party newsletter, or subscriptions, but I'm receiving desktop popups from "push,getbeamer.com" when I start the computer. I have no idea who that is, and I don't want any notifications while I'm a Creative Cow member. Can you advise how I can stop these popups appearing?

Thanks, Tim.

PS: I couldn't find any other place to post this question.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Sep 13, 2019 at 7:47:45 pm

[Jim Miller] "'m receiving desktop popups from "push,getbeamer.com" when I start the computer. I have no idea who that is, and I don't want any notifications while I'm a Creative Cow member."

Hi Jim,

This is the right place to ask. "Beamer" is the name for our notification system, which shows on the front page as "What's New." I know that we've set the system up to ask for permission to send notifications, which you may have clicked on inadvertently....but I'll be honest, I don't know how to opt out after you've opted in!

I'm sorry not to have the answer at the tip of my tongue, and regret that you'll be getting some more notifications than usual during IBC until I get the answer for you...but I've started some research on that and will get back to you asap.

Thanks,
Tim

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Sep 13, 2019 at 8:44:13 pm

Okay Jim, I looked into this a little more, and it turns out that once you've granted permission, even accidentally, the only way to turn the notifications off that I'm aware of is at the browser level.

I use Chrome, so I can tell you exactly where to do it there:
chrome://settings/content/notifications?search=notifications

(That link should work for you in your own version of Chrome, but if not, or if you're not using Chrome, that's the idea -- in your browser settings, look for Notifications. It may be hidden in Advanced settings, so if there's a way to SEARCH your settings for Notifications, by all means do that rather than dig around.)

Once you're there, you'll see a list of websites that you've allowed to send you notifications -- search for https://push.getbeamer.com:443 to go right to this particular one.

Click on that, and you'll see a bunch of permissions, almost none of which we use (say, camera). The system really is only sending you the text and images. Just scroll down to Notifications, and use the popup menu to select Block.

I promise that this is easier than it sounds. ☺

Apologies again for any confusion, and for the extra noise during IBC!

Return to posts index

Ronald Lindeboom
on Sep 13, 2019 at 9:48:08 pm

Tim,

I think this is a question for Anna over at Beamer support. I think she can answer this one.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

Return to posts index

Jim Miller
on Sep 12, 2019 at 11:39:20 pm

Tim, while I've got your attention, I wonder can you answer a query. I've set my account to not receive the newsletter, or the third party newsletter, or subscriptions, but I'm receiving desktop popups from "push,getbeamer.com" when I start the computer. I have no idea who that is, and I don't want any notifications while I'm a Creative Cow member. Can you advise how I can stop these popups appearing?

Thanks, Tim.

PS: I couldn't find any other place to post this question. When I go to that site, there's a message saying they're "undergoing maintenance."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]