FORUMS: list search recent posts

Original bmpcc or bmcc turned on all day?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Conway
Original bmpcc or bmcc turned on all day?
on Apr 30, 2019 at 9:28:29 pm

Hello-

I'm going to be interconnecting rooms in a recording studio using video in lieu of windows...which leads to the idea of both being able to capture the video, and then having decent video to capture. Also down the road I would love to do some reasonably decent quality in-studio videos, live performances etc.

So my first question is can I rely on a 1st gen pocket cinema or 2.5k cinema cam to be plugged into wall power and be turned on all day, everyday? They will be in an air conditioned space...2nd question is if the output from these cameras has any noticable visual delay or latency?

I'm using a 1/3" sony sensor security camera now, and it would be great to go to MFT and have lens options and better low light performance etc. Down the road I'm looking at something like a convergent apollo (I wish there was one that could do 6 or 8 cameras...) to capture multi-cam.

Any thoughts here appreciated!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Original bmpcc or bmcc turned on all day?
on May 4, 2019 at 7:51:37 am

Original 2.5K cinema camera shold be fine plugged in and turned on all day. I would not keep the BMPCC on all day. It already heats up pretty good in 20 minutes of recording use. I've recorded about 45 minutes in one go at max with the pocket.

Not having had either connected to a monitor, I don't know about the latency issues for sure, but I don't see why there should be any noticable latency.

Neither camera is particularly good for low-light conditions, with native ISO at 800. Only with a special lens (F1.4), I've managed to get the pocket to come out decent in low light.

The new BMPCC 4K is a much better option for low light with dual native ISO.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Ryan Conway
on May 8, 2019 at 4:24:40 pm

Thanks for that-

Would you by chance have any ideas on a Sony A7s (gen 1) turned on all day?

I actually have decent to good lighting in the studio, but a lot of artists don't want to be blasted...

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on May 29, 2019 at 6:02:21 am

I've recorded with it once, had to keep the battery compartment open to be able to record 45 minutes of 4K video, and the camera was flashing overheating warning towards the end regardless.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]