FORUMS: list search recent posts

Data is clamped after Auto Color Match

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Bowser
Data is clamped after Auto Color Match
on Sep 15, 2015 at 10:39:47 pm

I've used Auto Color Match to match a shot with another grade. It did a good job, but it's blowing out too much. I want to be able to bring back the signal that it is driving too hot. I added a Primary Look Layer and tried to bring back the gain, but it's lowering the signal clamped, rather than bringing back the data that is already in there.

Am I doing something wrong?

Return to posts index

Dustin Bowser
Re: Data is clamped after Auto Color Match
on Oct 13, 2015 at 3:41:58 am

Dang no response after an entire month?

Is there a Speedgrade forum that is a little more highly trafficked?

Return to posts index

Larry DeGala
on Oct 14, 2015 at 3:56:57 pm

I am trying to figure that out as well.

Have a very difficult shot matching combo where A camera is Sony HD with AVCHD wrapper and B camera is Blackmagic 10-bit RAW shot thick and corrected.

Looking to adjust luma levels independent of chroma levels. Will continue to seek out the right "effect."

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4425233/

Return to posts index

Larry DeGala
on Oct 15, 2015 at 4:58:53 pm
Last Edited By Larry DeGala on Oct 15, 2015 at 5:30:58 pm

I found the easiest solution is to round trip back from SpeedGrade to Premiere Pro. When you select the graded clip on the time line, you will see the Effects parameter indicate that Lumetri Color Correction has a new SpeedGrade applied to it at the very bottom of the queue (with the "active" box checked, which you may turn on/off in Premiere Pro). You can still manipulate the "Basic" color correction of Lumetri CC, exposure / contrast / brightness / saturation. I try not to spend too much time in SpeedGrade session as the software tends to become unstable and freezes up my system. Hope this helps!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4425233/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]