FORUMS: list search recent posts

SpeedGrade CS6 layout

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Janna Smith
SpeedGrade CS6 layout
on Jun 4, 2015 at 9:56:36 pm

Hello, I am working in Speedgrade for the first time. When I open speedgrade the layout looks like this:

I am using a 2 screens and I really want my windows to be customizable like premiere. Does anybody know if this or any better layout is possbile? I appreciate the CS6 help, I know most people are using CC.

Return to posts index

R Neil Haugen
Re: SpeedGrade CS6 layout
on Jun 13, 2015 at 1:34:18 am

If I take your wording right, you have two monitor screens and want to put your playback on one and the controls on the other?

That's in the Preferences panel (wrench icon), the display tab. Check the box to enable dual output, and then those delightful numerical boxes come into play.

The "Left" and "Top" boxes are to tell Sg where in relative terms the top left pixel of your second screen is compared to the top left pixel of your primary screen. (Note ... Sg WILL put the controls on what your operating system sees as your primary screen.)

You use negative numbers (a - or minus mark in front of the number) if your second screen is above or to the left of your primary screen, and a positive number (no - mark) if your second screen is below or to the right.

In my case ... my screens are both 1920x1080, with the secondary above. So ... the "Left" number is 0 (zero) as the two screens are vertically aligned. "Top" is -1080, the height of my second screen, as that is then how many pixels different the top left pixel of my second screen is compared to the primary.

If you have a primary monitor of 1440x960 say, and a secondary of 1920x1080, with the secondary monitor to the right ... the numbers would be ...

Left 1440 (the width of your primary screen!)
Top 0 (if they don't align properly height-wise, you may need to tweak this one)
Width 1920
Height 1080

The same setup with the secondary to the left would be ...
Left -1920 (the width of the secondary screen!)
Top 0
Width 1920
Height 1080

Hope this is what you were asking about ...

Neil
The Width and Height numbers are the size of your second screen.

Return to posts index

Janna Smith
Re: SpeedGrade CS6 layout
on Jun 13, 2015 at 4:59:20 am

Thank you so much for the help, I so appreciate all the detail! I will try this very soon! Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]