FORUMS: list search recent posts

SG 2014 excruciatingly slow

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Miller
SG 2014 excruciatingly slow
on May 27, 2015 at 3:36:51 pm

Hi All!

I'm trying to work on some S Log footage shot with an A7s in SG and it's running very slowly.

So much so that it is kind of impossible to use. For example, when I try to move the the offset slider it takes the computer 3 or 4 seconds to respond to the change.

I'm on a 3.4ghz iMac with 32 gb of ram - and the funny thing is that according to the activity monitor SG is only using about 20% of my memory.

Any thoughts?

I -did- apply a Lumetri correction in Premiere before sending the footage to Speedgrade - could that be a problem?

Thanks for any help!

f

Return to posts index

R Neil Haugen
Re: SG 2014 excruciatingly slow
on Jun 1, 2015 at 11:02:27 pm

As I note elsewhere ... in the Direct Link mode, you've basically got PrPro's "engine" putting the project together, including grabbing all clips & assets & assembling on the fly complete with transistions and any other effects. Then ... Sg takes that and applies any grades you do on top of it, real-time.

What can be done in Direct Link is cool and it's most of the way I work. But Sg is a bit more sluggish in Di-L mode than in "native" mode.

The question that arises with this though ... is how well the rest of your machine is arranged to work with the Adobe digital/video apps. Such things as splitting the project bits & pieces onto separate drives and/or RAID arrays so you don't have choke points of too many in/out processes simultaneously on any one drive, that sort of thing.

Neil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]