FORUMS: list search recent posts

Appling color reference to the footage from still image (jpeg.)

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshin S bashin
Appling color reference to the footage from still image (jpeg.)
on May 11, 2015 at 10:47:24 am

Hello there

I would like to kindly ask you for a help with grading technique, which applies color references to the footage from still image.
There is an option in Speedgrade, where you can use digital image which is transformed to .rtk or ptk.(don't remember exactly) file or something similar and that file can be downloaded to Adobe Speedgrade which reads that colour data.
Once it is applied, you can also adjust it according your own needs.

I can not find a tutorial for it and i am very interested to try it out.
In case you know, where I can find it or you know the setting, please let me know, it would be a massive help.

Many thnx for your time, help and cooperation in advance.

Best
j.

Return to posts index

R Neil Haugen
Re: Appling color reference to the footage from still image (jpeg.)
on May 19, 2015 at 6:36:06 am

I know there's the ability to use Shotmatcher with tga (targa) files to match a clip with a still image ... here's an excerpt from an Adobe how-to blog/article ...
-------------------

Matching a Photoshop grade

You can now apply a color grade that you create in Adobe Photoshop to your video clip by following these steps:

In Photoshop, use all the necessary tools to grade the image, and save the image as a TGA file.
In SpeedGrade, reference the TGA file using the new Snapshot browser. A thumbnail of the graded image appears.
Move the playhead to the frame in your sequence that you want to match.
Click the thumbnail to view the graded Photoshop image in the Monitor view side-by-side with the clip to match.
Click Shot Matcher.

SpeedGrade extracts the color grading of the Photoshop image and applies the grading to the selected clip.

----------------
Basically, you get an image in a Targa format and then within Sg go to the Snapshot browser in the lower right corner (may have to open up that panel if your timeline goes clear to the right edge) and navigate to wherever that image is on your computer.

Is Shotmatcher what you were looking for?

Neil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]