FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panning a reference snapshot within a Splitscreen Wipe?

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mel Matsuoka
Panning a reference snapshot within a Splitscreen Wipe?
on Apr 1, 2015 at 11:31:56 pm

When doing shot matching, I like to be able to call up a still frame of the shot I'm matching to, then do a split screen between the current shot and the reference still.

A problem occurs, however, when you are split-screening shots whose main subject lies in the same area of the frame. So split-screening between them is of limited use, because you can't view both of the main subjects in full, within their respective sides of the wipe.

In DaVinci Resolve, you can actually pan/repo the reference image (or even the active shot) within the split screen, so you can, for example, compare two shots of an interview where the subject was framed up in the center of the frame.

Is there a way to accomplish a similar function in SpeedGrade?

Return to posts index

R Neil Haugen
Re: Panning a reference snapshot within a Splitscreen Wipe?
on Apr 8, 2015 at 10:05:06 pm

In Direct Link mode, using a PrPro project file with the CC versions, you can set your playback percentage to a say 50% or better, then use the split-screen icon on the lower right corner of the program monitor window, to display the images over-lapped.

Then on the bottom of the viewing monitor (I've got two 1920 screens, one controls, one playback) there's a slider. You grab the center line of that slider, and go left & right ... moving the place where the image splits from on to the other.

In a "native" mode operation, where you create your project file from within SpeedGrade, there are more options for this on the Timeline tab below the timeline, on the "View" sub-tab.

Neil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]