FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyboard Shortcut for Mercury Transmit?

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mel Matsuoka
Keyboard Shortcut for Mercury Transmit?
on Mar 27, 2015 at 9:04:56 pm

Is there a keyboard shortcut (documented or otherwise...although I couldn't find it in the current documentation) that allows you to toggle Mercury Transmit output on & off?

It's kind of a drag to have to always open up the Preferences to do this.

Return to posts index

R Neil Haugen
Re: Keyboard Shortcut for Mercury Transmit?
on Mar 27, 2015 at 11:37:32 pm

Not that I know of ... I'll ask around though. How often do you need to do this?

Neil

Return to posts index

Mel Matsuoka
on Apr 1, 2015 at 11:26:27 pm
Last Edited By Mel Matsuoka on Apr 1, 2015 at 11:26:56 pm

[R Neil Haugen] "Not that I know of ... I'll ask around though. How often do you need to do this?"

I need this capability all the time, as I generally work with clients in the room with me, and I often like to disable the client monitor for many various reasons. Particularly, in SG, UI performance is pretty sluggish when manipulating masks and whatnot when the Transmit output is enabled.

Also, it's a lot easier to precisely setup custom mask shapes and secondary qualifiers on the Desktop UI, than it is to do it on the playback monitor itself.

However, I figured out a way to create my own keyboard shortcut toggle for this, using Keyboard Maestro, which I mapped to the same keyboard shortcut that I use for this very same function in Premiere Pro and After Effects. It's a bit of an ugly hack, but it works great.

For consistency's sake, however, I'd really like to see a native shortcut for this feature, esp. since it already exists in the other Adobe CC video apps.

Return to posts index

R Neil Haugen
on Jun 1, 2015 at 11:14:57 pm

I'd love to have the complete keyboard shorts list ... modifiable ... like it is in PrPro & elsewhere. Would be a HUGE step forward.

neil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]