FORUMS: list search recent posts

I have .cube files - now what?

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Miller
I have .cube files - now what?
on Jan 17, 2015 at 10:16:54 pm

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out to use .cube files in Speedgrade.

I've downloaded a batch to help grade for my Sony A7s, but don't know how to turn the .cube files into looks.

I know this is probably very basic, but still obscure to me.

Any help? I'm on a Mac.

f

Return to posts index

R Neil Haugen
Re: I have .cube files - now what?
on Jan 18, 2015 at 4:44:22 am

You don't need to turn them into "Looks" ... just use them as LUT's.

Put them in a folder you can find ... and navigate to easily. You can go into the pref's file and list the path there when you find the right tab ...

Though when you actually use them they don't need to be listed there ... so ...

Choose the layer in the layers palette (or an adjustment layer brought over from PrPro) that you want your LUT to grace.

At the bottom of the Look tab is a plus sign ... click on it, then the Film drop down arrow ... then Lut.

The "built in" Lut's appear in a drop-down window, but choose the three dot thingie to the right of that ... click it.

Now, navigate to the folder of those LUT's of yours, and select one.

And hit enter, and it should be applied as you wished.

Neil

Return to posts index

Frank Miller
on Jan 20, 2015 at 12:44:33 am

THANK YOU!

It was the three dots on the side of the menu that was messing me up...

f

Return to posts index

R Neil Haugen
on Jan 21, 2015 at 7:19:26 am

You and nearly everyone else who first uses it!

I got to meet the original creator of it at NAB last year, and talked with some of "the team" ... it was designed to be a stripped-down lean & mean program, without all the UI bells and whistles but working ability. Well ... yea, but ... the stripped down UI is a bit daunting when there's also not a lot of documentation either. Even after becoming part of the Adobe suite, they've still never really pushed detailed operational documentation.

Still, I love using it. I've learned what the various tools do for basic grading and secondaries and a little masking ... and for my work it's fast & very good. Also ... love the direct link with PrPro as I'm a one-man operation for the video side of things.

Neil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]